Re: What's In YOUR Toolbox?

To: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Subject: Re: What's In YOUR Toolbox?
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 11:18:51 -0800
My toolbox includes several paper clips, chewing gum and tape as a result
of the following experiences:

In the middle of nowhere in Northern California I once resuscitated my B's
fuel pump by replacing the broken pivot pin for the contact points with a
paper clip.  It got me back to the Univ of Oregon, 250 miles away.

Way up an unpaved logging road in Oregon, gum, wadded around a stick and
jambed into a pencil-sized hole in the gas tank - just created by that rock
I *thought* I could straddle - got me about 50 miles back to town.  (Moral:
don't go 4-wheeling in an early B)

Two hours spent on the side of Tioga Pass in Yosemite with a car that
wouldn't restart ended when it was discovered that the wire had come off
the ignition capacitor.  Taping it down did the trick.

Russ Wilson