Fuel Pump Testing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Testing
From: "Graham Naylor" <naylorg@a1chefs.rdgmts.reo.mts.dec.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 95 08:19:57 +0100
[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

Hi again,

Again I have a question about bench testing various parts of my '67 B,
this time I want to test the fuel pump (+ve Earth), I first connected
a +ve feed to the body and a -ve to the power supply with no reaction,
I then checxked the pump and found the points to be badly pitted
although the rest of ther pump looks to be in good condition, so I
replaced the points and tried the test again, this time it resulted
with a direct short, is this the correct way to check the pump and if
not how should I go about it and what other things should I check
while its apart.

Thanks in advance

Graham Naylor