AAA SU carb needles

Subject: AAA SU carb needles
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 13:06:47 -0500 (EST)
Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on an AAA carb needle in a hurry?

I've bent or broken all of Seven Enterprises' stock and Victoria British
doesn't seem to have them.

This was the next recommended step in fixing "rich idle, lean cruise"
syndrome.  This expert figures my K&N filters are flowing "too much" at
cruise.  He did have the same problem and fixed it with AAA needles on
his HS4s.

I'm using HIFs, but now know how to use the adapters for fixed needles.
I'd prefer biased, but fixed is OK.

(Learning about fixed needle adapters is how I broke the other two needles).

I now have 1 AAE biased needle and 1 AAA fixed needle in the car.  It's a
bit confused.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Quantized Revision of Murphy's Law:
   Everything goes wrong all at once."