More on California Smog

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on California Smog
From: "Ramm, Andy" <ARAMM@sv.tbgi.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 1:32:19 -0500
Sorry if this reiterates information shared in an earlier post.  I spoke
to the California DMV this morning and if you are bringing a car in from
out of state, you may be assessed a $300 smog impact fee if the smog
decal in the car does not specifically say it is California certified.
Because older cars, like the '69 I'm bringing into Calif from Texas is
identical weather its a California car or not, it wasn't clear if the fee
still applies.  I will dig further to find out.  Also, if you do bring in
a car from out of state, a physical inspection is necessary too.

Cheers,

Andy Ramm
'67 Midget Mk III