Help on GULP (gulp!) valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help on GULP (gulp!) valve
From: gaiser@en.com (Brian K. Gaiser)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 95 18:24:48 EST
I need some quick help on determining where the to connect the aft side of the
gulp valve on a 75 MGB.

Story:  I bought a 75 MGB.  Seems that most all of the Emissions stuff was
removed.  I have to add an air pump,  an air manafold (bar like thing that
forks off to the head) and a gulp valve.   If I can get all of this installed,
I can tune the carb to pass an AIMS test.

The air pump feeds the gulp valve which then has a little hose and a larger
hose.

The little hose goes to the air intake manifold just below and to the right
side of the gulp valve.  The picture on page 87 of the Haynes manual shows the
other side of the gulp valve heading toward the EGR valve.   I can find no
where to attach this (3/4"?) hose.     Help.

Thanks for any quick responses (I'm working on grace in a heated garage for a
limited time)