RE Rust in Fuel Tank

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE Rust in Fuel Tank
From: "MATTHEW JONES, KCL COMPUTING CENTRE" <udaa142@kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 1995 00:08:50 GMT
I found a quick resolve to this problem once with an old camper van I had.
The bloody thing would jam up on me and despite dismantling the carb.(which I d
did about twelve times before I realise the problem.) it would just die on me.
Eventually I realised what it was and took the tank off and emptied it.  I let i
it dry overnight and the next day kicked it around the garden for a few hours.
I then took to it with a rubbet mallet and ended up with a huge pile of rust
flakes in the bottom.  I vacuumed them out and kicked it around some more.
I hoovered it again and eventually thought I had cured it.  Put it all back
together and it ran trouble free for three years until I sold it a year ago
and it is still going strong.

It's one solution if you can handle the expense of a new tank.
Matt
'70BGT