Re: Coil position on MGBs

To: MGBay@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil position on MGBs
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 09:49:09 +0500
At 11:46 AM 11/3/95 -0500, MGBay@aol.com wrote:
>Why is the coil mounted upside down
>on the inner fender well?
>Is there any specific rationale for mounting it upside down?  I
>know I've seen coils in general mounted in all kinds of positions so that
>really shouldn't effect it's function.

Been there, done that.

True, the coil's position doesn't directly affect (not "effect") its
operation, but the wires are just *barely* long enough to attach to the
terminals on a coil in an upright (doubly inverted) position.

You can't hurt anything by putting the coil in like you want.  Just make
sure the spade connectors and wires are in good shape, as the slight bit of
tension on the wires (there's a pun in there somewhere) will cause anything
that was just about to fail to do so (voice of experience).
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html