What fog lamps should I buy?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: What fog lamps should I buy?
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 21:05:48 -0800
The foggy, rainy season is upon us here in the great North West, and
this seems to be the year for improving the lighting on my daily
driver, my 1967 MGB GT. I just fitted a set of H4 headlamps to light
up the night. My next step will be fog lamps. Locally I have
available 55 watt, H3 Hella (about 3x5, rectangular), PIAA (about 3x6
rectangular), and an  x-brand Projector system. I also can get 100 watt
H3 fog lamps (about 3x5.5 rectangular) made by Hamsar, (who ever
they may be!) from JC Whitney. Does anyone have experience with any
of these? I would particularly be interested in hearing from anyone
who has fitted the projector style lamps.

As a side note, at what point will all these flame throwers suck the
life out of the 47 amp alternator I rescued from a wrecking yard TR7
to replace my over-worked generator? Is there a formula for computing
amps consumed by these electrical devices?

Do I dare install that 600 watt stereo amp to power my 15 inch
sub-woofers? How about the dancing neon under-car and license frame kit?
(Just kidding- another twist of the knife for all the pukka sports car
purists.)

Regards,
Jerry Causey