Re: Redi-Strip

To: Scott Hower <howersl@ttown.apci.com>, macedonia-statc@kaman.com
Subject: Re: Redi-Strip
From: BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 18:32:21 -0500

On Tue, 7 Nov 95, Scott Hower <howersl@ttown.apci.com> wrote:

>> Has anyone had any experience with "Redi-Strip"? I talked to someone at the
>> Allentown, PA facility (I live in Central PA) and it sounds like it can do a
>> pretty good job. He quoted me a price of $1,050 for the body shell, doors,
>> trunk lid and hood.

In 1983 I Redi-Stripped a 1947 T.C. in Newark N.J. I had no problems. That
dealer is gone. I wonder why? Recently an M.G. restorer (Rob Medynski) in N.J.
advised me the last car he Redi-Stripped leached into the new paint. Maybe the
clearing process varies. I am working on a 1934PA and I am considering a bead
(not sand) blast or back to old fashioned stripping. Any comments might help.
If
you Redi-Strip you must be sure you are dealing only in Ferrous metals.

Michael Leckstein

New England MGT Register