Re: Redi-Strip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Redi-Strip
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 07 Nov 1995 18:57:09 -0600
In <199511072332.SAA17587@shell.monmouth.com>, BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
wrote:

>In 1983 I Redi-Stripped a 1947 T.C. in Newark N.J. I had no problems.
I believe that the process is more appropriate for the square-riggers
in that one usually removes fenders, doors and the like and there is
really very little left in terms of nooks and crannies where the glop
can hide.

> That
>dealer is gone. I wonder why?
Increasing cost due to EPA regulations.  Try to find a chrome shop.
Not a judgment, just fact.

>I am working on a 1934PA and I am considering a bead
>(not sand) blast or back to old fashioned stripping. Any comments
>might help.

Even bead can cause some difficulty.  Try media (plastic or walnut
shell).  It will get rid of what you don't need and won't touch what
you need.
> If
>you Redi-Strip you must be sure you are dealing only in Ferrous metals.
Some places are equipped for nonferrous, as long as they know what it
is. I have seen alloy bodies done very nicely.
                        A. B. Bonds