Re: Where's the #$%& Timing Marks: 72 Midget

To: ciaffone <ciaffone@nando.net>
Subject: Re: Where's the #$%& Timing Marks: 72 Midget
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 16:35:21 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, ciaffone wrote:

> Just crawled back outa the engine
Get back under there!

> 2.  I lost the %&$# timing marks.  They aren't sittin' up     atop the crank
> pulley like in a NORMAL car.  Don't tell
>     me they're underneath the crank pulley.  I gotta crawl
>     under to light the timing marks??  Anybody know where     they went?
Hell yeah!
They are indeed UNDER the crank pulley, and if your timing light is like
mine, the wires will be  juuuust too short to reach from the battery down
under the car. Also, depending on year, you'll find either three or five
teeth as a marker. I have three. They represent 0-5-10 DBTDC. Best to
look in workshopmanual...

Ulix

P.S. I'll leave question 1) to somebody else. I'm not sure right now...
                      sprite                 caddy