Re: Where's the #$%& Timing Marks: 72 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where's the #$%& Timing Marks: 72 Midget
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 23:03:04 -0500
>> 2.  I lost the %&$# timing marks.  They aren't sittin' up atop the crank
>> pulley like in a NORMAL car.  Don't tell me they're underneath the >>
crank pulley.  I gotta crawl under to light the timing marks??  Anybody
>> know where they went?

>They are indeed UNDER the crank pulley, and if your timing light is like
>mine, the wires will be  juuuust too short to reach from the battery down
>under the car. Also, depending on year, you'll find either three or five
>teeth as a marker. I have three. They represent 0-5-10 DBTDC. Best to
>look in workshopmanual...

    On a Midget, run the timing light wires down by the distributor, and
    through the small "hole" in the frame just behind the generator,
    then plug the timing light into the wires (your timing light DOES
    have pluggable wires, doesn't it?) when you are under the car.

    There are a number of schemes for adding a secondary timing mark
    to the top side of the crank pulley.  I offer no opinion on this,
    except to add that any "top" timing mark wants to be VERY different
    from the bottom one, to be able to tell which is which after a tear
    down of the block.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics says "Natural processes increase entropy".
Translation  - "You think you're in trouble now?  Just you wait..."

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com