TC air filter manifold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TC air filter manifold
From: russ@scubed.com (Russ Wilson)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:47:27 -0800
Does anyone have exoerience with the replacement TC air filter manifolds
being manufactured in England?  I've tried two different units without
success - returned the first because it didn't fit, the second was no
better.  The vendor's file on this item states that "several hours of hand
fitting" may be required (although this detail didn't make it into their
catalog).

The biggest problem is the angular relationship between the air filter
flange and the carburetor mount.  The surface on the latter appears to have
been "machined" with a grinder.  I can understand why: holding the very
irregular, piece for milling would be difficult and is just the problem I
face in trying to fix it.  Once this is done, the bolt holes will be
misaligned so poorly it appears a threaded insert will be required to
straighten them out.

I'd sure like to hear from anyone who has handled this problem.

Russ Wilson