FW: su fuel pump saga...

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: su fuel pump saga...
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 95 09:47:00 PST

Chris -

>Are we talking about the diaphram in the pump?

Yup - that's the part that suffers most from age.

>Should I just buy the diaphram or the whole rebuild kit?

You'll find that the whole rebuild kit is a good idea. That way you'll get
all new washers and other little bits.

>How hard is it to do/how long will it take?

About an hour to completely gut and rebuild. How hard? Easier than a
transmission rebuild <g>. Pretty simple if you can read and follow the
info in the shop manual. Be sure to follow the instructions closely
 - especially about stretching the diaphram before tightening the screws.
 A wooden matchstick works pretty well as a wedge.

Good luck.

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com