Re: Relays?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Relays?
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:38:04 -0800
[snip]
>around an iron bar. It is designed with small wire so that when the
>user puts smoke thru the coil wires only a small amount is needed to
>produce a large enough  magnetic field to pull the contacts together
>(someone else needs to explain the effects of smoke and magnetic
>fields). The contacts are designed to pass a large amount of smoke.
[snip again]

The small diameter wire forces the smoke to travel at a high velocity,
inducing a vacuum which pulls the contacts together. (thank you Mr.
Bernoulli)  There really is no magnetism in the wiring; the cars, OTOH have
significant animal magnetism, which explains the odd attraction between
cats and the interiors.

On another note, I was pleased to note another car on the freeway this
morning with the top down, and it was a recent Capri!  OK, so it's not the
nicest looking car around, but it sure beats the heck out of all the Miatas
with the tops up!  She and I exchanged big grins, and went our seperate
ways...  sf

Stan Fickes               If you want safe speed--buy safe speed--xx.
Wireless Communications   1951 xxTD, under restoration
Apple Computer, Inc.      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite, daily commuter
(408) 974-7653            1957 Chevrolet Bel Air StWgn, wife's car