Re: auto veers to left and right

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: auto veers to left and right
From: RBrod@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 18:57:20 -0500
The verring problem is a relatively common one, and in my experience has not
been due to bad springs or broken parts back there, but a loosening of the
axle from the springs due to wear of the rubber pads holding the springs to
the axle.  As the car ages, the pads will compress, allowing the u-bolts to
loosen a bit, which lets the axle move a bit, usually on the side with the
torque.  Before tearing up the rear to replace springs, etc. try to tighten
the u-bolts.  Look at the rubber spring pads.  If they are completely
flattened, or missing, then you can replace them with not too much trouble,
without replacing a spring.  I've corrected the problem on several cars in
recent years just by tightening the u-bolts.  Good luck.

Rick Brodeur
Ragtops & Roadsters