Re: tire foam

To: mgs@autox.team.net, thorpe@kegs.saic.com
Subject: Re: tire foam
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 16:01:19 -0500

> Be sure to warn the person who unmounts your tire that the foam is in there.
> A spark caused by the tire busting machine ("busting" in this context is a
> technical term) can ignite the foam causing the tire to explode.  People have
> been killed and maimed this way.

I believe that it is not the foam that is the problem in this case
rather the propellant used in these products was propane or something
with a similar explosive flammability. I think it has since been
banned. If someone has a very old can of the stuff maybe they can
compare the lable with the current stuff.

> Obligatory wrenching tip:  When stealing bakeware from the kitchen to use
> as parts trays and drip pans, avoid the pans with the rolled metal edges.
> The oil that gets under the rolled edge never comes out and then everything
> you bake smells like burnt motor oil.

Don't you mean when stealing part trays and oil drip pans to use as bakeware?

Mark "It all depends on your priorities" Jurras