color blindness

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: color blindness
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 10:29:27 -0500

>> (I'll display my ignorance.  Do stoplights in other countries use the same
>> colors as in the US?)
>
>I've visited the UK, Greece, Bermuda and Louisiana and they all use red
>for stop and green for go.

That's nothing: I lived in Boston for three years and they use both colors
for go.  There were some intersections in Boston where all three colors were
on at once (no s**T!).  I *never* figured out what that meant; it wasn't
because the light was broken.  You only need to stop your car when you want
to get out of it, when someone else wants to get into it, or you have hit
something that is bigger than yourself.

On another topic: if someone figures out how to mount a dead pedal, please
post it generally.  That is really the only aspect of sitting in the B that
anoys me.  I can't get my left foot comfortable.  It could be worse tho: in
my Morgan I almost have to hang it out the door.  Thank God for the cut out
doors on that monster!

Will Zehring