Jacobs Midgets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jacobs Midgets
From: RMARION%SAHS@mhost.utmb.edu (MARION, RODGER)
Date: 17 Nov 95 10:15:09 EST
In the 70's there were fiberglass conversion parts available to make a
standard Midget look like one of the racing coupes developed by Jacobs.
The conversion consisted of a longer fiberglass front end with a smaller
grill opening, and a sort-of fastback hard top.  I have heard that
several hundred faux Jacobs coupes were so made.  I would like to find
the fiberglass front end from one of these conversions.  This conversion
is not to be confused with the Sebring coupes developed using the Mark I
Sprite.  At least one supplier in England can supply the Sebring front
end in fiberglass.  I heard a rumor that a body shop in Toledo, Ohio has
the molds for both of the Jacobs pieces.  Does any one have suggestions
to aid in this quest?
Rodger Marion - Galveston, Texas - 1966 MG Midget -
rmarion%sahs@mhost.utmb.edu