Dumb, but important question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dumb, but important question
From: "Frank Sperling" <sperling@hooked.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 22:40:38 -0800
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question...I used to know the
answer pat, but somehow over the years have forgotten it and for some
reason, I can figure it out...

My 79 B has begun deiseling for 5-10 seconds after I turn it off.  To
make matters worse, it recently has stopped this deiseling when it
emits a LOUD backfire.

Here's the dumb question...what do I adjust to stop this?  The timing
(advance, retard it?)...lean out the fuel mixture (turn the screw in
the middle of the Zenith diaphram clockwise or counter clockwise?)

Your suggestions appreciated.
Frank Sperling III