driving vs parking

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: driving vs parking
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 09:38:03 -0500
>>The more I drove my B the better it ran. For the past 2 years
>>I have been driving my truck for work and my B only on the weekends,
>>and I seem to have more trouble than when I used to run it every day...

I have found that to be true of all lbcs.  I bough a 58 MGA from a young
woman in 1968 who said she could not keep it running.  I drove as my daily
driver for 12 years.  I drove it!  Never shifted below 2500, went around
cornors as fast as the air police would let me - had a good time.

Living in FL now, it seems to be even more important to keep the car on the
road.  Sitting in the damp, seems to make things go wrong.  A regutar dose
of heat from the engine and air blowing around & thru (in more places than
originally designed) seems to help significantly!

John

John A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900   USA