Re: TRF/Charles Runyan

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF/Charles Runyan
From: dcouncil@imt.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 09:20:38 -0700
I too have been pleased with the quality service at TRF. I generally order
from either TRF or Moss, and I have noticed their names are frequently
mentioned on this list.

What I am wondering is why Long Motor (Victoria British) is never mentioned.
Are their others who have run into problems with their customer service?

My problem occurred several years ago when I ordered a fender for my BGT.
They sent me the wrong fender (for a B), refused to acknowledge the error,
and made me send it back at my expense for a trade. Then they sent me two
fenders in return. Then they tried to get me to pay for the return of the
one. Finally after I argued with them I shipped one back collect. But in the
end, I was stuck with four $50 freight bills for one $200 fender. Needless
to say, I have not ordered from them since.

I have never had problems with TRF except for a long wait for some SU
throttle shafts once. But when they came, TRF even gave me a name of a
person who could machine my SU carbs. I notice TRF refers to their
dedication for customer satisfaction, but during my Long Motor ordeal, I
could find no such references in any of their catalogues.

To carry on about parts suppliers, does anyone have suggestions on good
salvage yars to get parts from? I used to order from a place called Haus
which was in the Minnesota area but I have long lost their address. However,
both my motor and OD transmission came from them some ten years ago. I also
dealt with Scotland Yard in Denver (another specialty English car junkyard)
some fifteen years ago and have since lost touch with them. Now that I need
the turn signal switch for my 71 bGT, its time to look again.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net