Re: SU carb leaks

To: lawref@lawref.com (Ernest E. Gilbert)
Subject: Re: SU carb leaks
From: dcouncil@imt.net
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 17:16:48 -0700
Ernest Gilbert wrote:

>I'm going to replace the Gross needles and seats with stock tonight and try
>that but otherwise I'm stumped. Any explains?

Although the Gross jets came highly recommended, I have had similar
problems. If I let my BGT sit for more than a week (which is rare :) ), I
have had similar flooding occur at start up. It is very intermittent and has
not occurred under higher speeds.

I don't really recall having these problems with the stock jets until after
several years of heavy use. My experience says that the stock jets are more
reliable (although their life span may be shorter).

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net