Re: '76 B carburetion modification

To: Ella Mae Bolton <embolton@clark.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '76 B carburetion modification
From: BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 21:59:52 -0500

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Ella Mae Bolton <embolton@clark.edu> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a 1976 MGB Roadster with which I have a real "love - hate"
>relation ship.
>
>To the point, it's a California Car and has a single Zenith carburator.
>I've installed a manual choke kit because the auto choke element has
>failed.
>
>Does any one know of any thing that will fitup on the original engine?
>If I can find any thing that will adapt (w/o too much hassle) to my engine.
>The idea of using 2 dual webers is also on the list.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Although I don`t have the technical knowledge, I had several years ago a l979
that I aquired from an insurance auction for $700. The car was low milage and
perfect(no rust). It had one problem, a fire under the hood that melted
everything but the engine. MG`Ts of West Milford N.J. spliced in parts from a
pre 75 wreck. Besides electrics (including modifications to the wire harness) a
new radiator, we put on dual S.U.s from the donor car. I don`t believe that was
so difficult and the car ran great. I used it without any problems for two
years
until it was wiped out in an accident( the other drivers fault). I hate seeing
webers on MGs. SUs and their spin offs were the most widely used design in the
world, and properly set up rarely give problems.

Mike Leckstein