Re: Backup light switch needed (and stupid 1st run story)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Backup light switch needed (and stupid 1st run story)
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 28 Nov 1995 09:02:38 -0600
In <Pine.SUN.3.91.951127135739.2510A-100000@Ra.MsState.Edu>, Eric L. Van
Iderstine wrote:

>If there is anyone out there in netland with a working backup light
>switch for an MGB, I'd like to take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

One of the perennial favourites.  The PoD (Prince of....) backup light
switch has a STEEL button bedded in an ALUMINIUM case.  There is this
thing called electrolytic corrosion?  And the ally turns to powder
(sacrificing to the steel)?  And after, oh, say, 20 years the button
gets STUCK?

If that is your problem, it can be resuscitated by soaking the button
end (not the whole switch) in something like WD40 for a day or so and
then working the button furiously for about an hour.
                A. B. Bonds