MG clubs in MO, legal problems

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG clubs in MO, legal problems
From: Gen <glcory@banana.wustl.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:45:01 -0500 (GMT-0500)
1.  Where are the clubs in my area (St. Louis) and how do I find them?
2.  I just drove my newly restored 71 MGBGT up from AR, and I already have
legal problems.  My dad never titled it in his name in AR as it was going
to be transferred to me immediately anyway.  So now I have to get a gift
affidavit and inspection and transfer it to his name in MO though he
doesn't live here and wait for it to come back so I can get it
transferred to my name, and that will take 4-6 weeks with the Quick
Title.  I can get temporary tags if it passes inspection (problems with
the right turn signal have yet to be worked out, who knows about
emissions) but they only last 20 days for each set (40 days of tags for
42 days of waiting for the mail) and are only good in MO.  So the
question is: how do I get home for the holidays, which are only 23 days
away?  We need that time to rehang the doors, finish putting the chrome
on, and do general checking.  Do I take a chance and drive illegally?  I
am a poor student and don't have a closed garage, so it's even illegal to
have it parked in my building's parking lot.  I brought it up here with
the plates from my old car, which was illegal enough.  Any suggestions?
Any lawyers out there?  Will a good faith effort keep me out of trouble?
Genevieve Cory
'71 MGBGT