Re: MG clubs in MO, legal problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG clubs in MO, legal problems
From: dcouncil@imt.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:56:58 -0700
>>I can get temporary tags if it passes inspection (problems with
>>the right turn signal have yet to be worked out, who knows about
>>emissions) but they only last 20 days for each set (40 days of tags for
>>42 days of waiting for the mail) and are only good in MO.  So the
>>question is: how do I get home for the holidays, which are only 23 days
>>away?  We need that time to rehang the doors, finish putting the chrome
>>on, and do general checking.  Do I take a chance and drive illegally?  I
>>am a poor student and don't have a closed garage, so it's even illegal to
>>have it parked in my building's parking lot.  I brought it up here with
>>the plates from my old car, which was illegal enough.  Any suggestions?
>>Any lawyers out there?  Will a good faith effort keep me out of trouble?
>>Genevieve Cory
>>'71 MGBGT

If I said, take the chance, drive illegally, live dangerously - would I be
considered an accessory to this crime? Would the Missouri car police want to
extradite me for violating the sanctity of their laws?

As a former thought criminal, I couldn't resist replying to this one.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
71 BGT
formerly convicted of the violation of no state inspection sticker (at least
three times)