Re: Twisted feet - Heel & Toe

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Twisted feet - Heel & Toe
From: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 21:46:27 -0700 (MST)
Never have been able to get my foot to twist sideways to blip the
throttle with the little toe side of the foot, while still maintaining
consistent brake pressure with the big toe side. For 11 EEEs this might
be the only way, but when the B (and anything else that qualifies) was a
kid, everyone used a "Paddy Hopkirk" gas pedal extension. This allowed
the ball-of-the-foot - heel type of H & T.

Rather than buy one, I made one of 3/16" aluminum, cut to desired shape,
which was bolted into the original, sans rubber pad. Have kept the same one
for three different Bs, some 28 years. Have also recently made one for
my daily driver - a Japanese, '80s-style MGB. (Unfortunately, the newer
car just doesn't "sit" like the B, as it's made for people in the up-to-
5' 8" range. It _is_ more powerful right out of the box, though.)

There are all sorts of brake and throttle pedal covers available today,
some of which may fit the bill. Check out the ads in mags like european
car, Sport Compact Car and Turbo. They are bound to the original pedal
with a clamp; to my mind, not as satisfactory as bolting directly into
the pedal.
--
Shel Bercovich                           "Come Ride   \/
sbercovich@cbe.ab.ca                      with Us     /\

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995 Silikal@aol.com wrote:

> ulix (U. Goettsch) writes:
[SNIP]
> Well, almost.  In practice, it's usually done with the ball of the foot
> (or the big toe) pressing on the brake pedal, and the side of the foot
> (under the little toe) sort of rocks over to the gas pedal and blips it.
[SNIP]