Re: gas pedal pads and inspections

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas pedal pads and inspections
From: dcouncil@imt.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 09:24:02 -0700

>       Just thought you all might be interested to know that South
>Carolina has recently repealed the mandatory saftey inspection laws.  You
>can still get inspected, but its purely voluntary.
>
>       South Carolina does not have any emissions testing although there
>is an old unenforced law which says (essentially) that you can't have a
>bunch of smoke pouring out of the exhaust.
>
>        No emissions laws, no safety inspection and now we're going
>to raise the speed limit.  Whee-haw :-)
>
>       Rob in South Carolina.

I am sure glad Montana doesn't have state inspections. My MGs always seemed
to have problems with those idiot checks. Since my turn signal switch broke,
I am sure my 71 BGT would be in trouble.

While attending college in Nebraska, I frequently flaunted the safety
inpection laws since my 65 B could never legitimately pass (crack in
windshield, rusted hole in floorboard, tturnsignals that would not work
during inspection). Although I paid fines on more than one occassion for my
crimes against the state for this violation, I finally found a sympathetic
gas station. By letting the attendant take my car for a spin, he would let
it pass inspection - until the time my floor board hole got too big. I then
had to rivet in a chunk of shhet metal (cheap college fix).

Montana's speed limits revert back to the pre-74 limits on December 8 -
UNLIMITED! Safety fast!

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net