Re: MG legal problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG legal problems
From: jfischer@supercollider.com (James Fischer)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 07:19:13 -0500
>David Councill
>dcouncil@imt.net
>71 BGT

>formerly convicted of the violation of no state inspection sticker
>(at least three times)

    Piker!!!!  Small-time petty criminal!

    I have 22 arrests for speeding, all in MGs, and no convictions.

    The "best" defense I ever offered was a photo of my 52-TD:

        "Your Honor", says I, "The auto in question is a 1952 MG TD."
        "Please note the similarity to the Model-T Ford."
        "This car has a roughly one-litre engine."
        "It has spoked wheels, like a bicycle."
        "It is about as areodynamic as a brick."
        "This car is older than I am!"
        "How could any sane person believe even this well-meaning
         state trooper who claims that he chased me in a 4-litre
         Mustang, modified for police pursuit work, at a speed
         of over 80Mph on Mass. Route 2 in heavy fog?"
         "This charge is lunacy!"
         "If the charge is true, I should be convicted of breaking
         the laws of PHYSICS, not the laws of the State of Mass."

        The judge dismissed the case at once.

        (I was doing at LEAST 80...)

              I work the day shift at the Idea Factory

   james fischer                       jfischer@supercollider.com