Re: FW: Curious Temperature Question...

To: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Curious Temperature Question...
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 09:46:17 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, J. Michael Roach wrote:

> I apologize.  I wasn't clear.  Although I've gotten plenty of good responses,
>everyone assumed I was driving a pre-75 Midget.  My mistake.  The car is a '75
>and uses the 1500 cc Triumph Spitfire engine.  Only one carb, and it's on the
>opposite side.
>
> Even still, I can't find a plug.  Anybody else have a clue?

J. Michael (and Bart): if the Midget 1500 block is like most other
Triumph Herald-based four-cylinder engines, the tap/drain plug should be
on the right side (as mounted in the car) of the block, nearer to the
rear of the engine, and roughly 1/3 - 1/2 way down from the top of the
block.

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Tr**mph Register