backup lights

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: backup lights
From: lawref@lawref.com (Ernest E. Gilbert)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 13:29:33 -0800
My apology. After reading the responses to my posting on backup lights I
went back to the reference and actual parts. I found:

1) Moss catalogue lists a backup light switch in the early trans parts but
shown only on the Non OD pix. Does not say what years.

2) Moss catalogue lists backup light assys and gives applicability to mid 67
and later.

3) Actual early non OD trans in my parts stack has plugged swith hole in the
off side of the shift tower as shown by Moss pix.

4) Actual early OD trans in a parts car has a plug in the off side of the
shift extension which might be for the switch but this cannot be confirmed
from Moss pix or without a little disassembly.

5) My 67 GT already has tunnel buttoned up and upholstry over it so I'm not
real anxious to check for the switch plug in that one. (OD)

Conclusion 1: backup lights were available on at least some 67's

Conclusion 2: I have made the first mistake of my life.

Question: is the switch position there on all trannies in anticipation or
are there early and late shift towers and extensions for the early box.

Ernest E. Gilbert
lawref@lawref.com
http://www.lawref.com/
http://www.lawref.com/eeg/eeg.html