Re: no speed limit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no speed limit
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 22:10:53 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 2 Dec 1995 BMcKarney@aol.com wrote:

> Chet - If packing the B scares you...think about my wife packing the TC for a
> two or 3 week trip!!...to country that may get chilly and damp...my leverage
> is that I threaten to leave the top and side curtains at home if she
> overloads...you may be somewhat successful with that ploy....(but I'm not).

Heh!  Back when our TC was our only car (pre-children) we used to be
expert at packing it for long trips.  Then along came two kids and it all
went down the tubes.  About 15 years ago we had the YA packed to the
gills for an early Autumn trip to Cooperstown, NY, including all the
stuff needed for two young kids.  As we were about to leave, the
temperature plummetted and it began to snow.  There were no heavy clothes
packed, and no room to pack them, so we gave it up and took two cars (no
way was I going to an MG gathering sans MG).

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.