Re: Brakes, starter, ammeter, voltmeter.

To: mgs@autox.team.NET
Subject: Re: Brakes, starter, ammeter, voltmeter.
From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 15:36:20 GMT

lawref@lawref.com Replied
> Check your driving habits. Always try to park with the oily side down.

Over this side, an anti-roll bar is the thing that connects the two wishbones
together
to stop the car rolling too much on corners.  It's not the thing that protects
you if
the car falls over - that's a roll bar.

I think maybe non-brits know an antiroll bar by the name of "swaybar",
reflecting their
more sedate driving habits perhaps ?

I think this problem may have come about because of the car being jacked up
under the
front of the chassis member, which may cause the antiroll bar to pull out
downwards.
At least I hope that's it, it may get expensive otherwise.

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.