Re: Dieseling

To: mgs@autox.team.net, jfischer@supercollider.com
Subject: Re: Dieseling
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 21:04:54 EST
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

James
I'm no expert but the Weber vacuum port run to the backside (of the
throttle plate, thus vacuum is supplied only after the throttle is
opened a little. I'm not sure how an anti run on valve works, but if
vacuum is needed after the car is at idle,  you won't get any. This
would appear to kill your Solution # 2.
This would appear to make solution number one the way to go.

Bob Noguiera
                        "There  is nothing new in the world only
different"
( I'm taking a short break from rebuilding a pair of SU s so I can
replace my god awful Weber)

I-------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

(jfischer@supercollider.com)
> To:   Bob Nogueira             \ PRODIGY:     (NKED65A)
>
> Subject: Re: Dieseling
>
>     Craig Wiper asked:
>
> >I just decided to throw my Weber 32/36 downdraft back on the B. My
SU's
> >don't like the cold weather much. My question is: Is there an easy
way to
> >prevent dieseling when cutting the ignition with these carburettors?
With