Re: Colors

To: mgs@autox.team.net, bert.otten@nni.nl
Subject: Re: Colors
From: hansd@has.nl (Hans Duinhoven, Product manager subsystems HAS-cs (671))
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 10:09:18 +0100
Bert Palthe wrote:

Hi Bert,

Dec 28th, you wrote:

>Question: Does anyone have the RAL - code(s) (possibly that's
>European) of these both colours?

Well Bert,

As far as I know, there _are_ no RAL codes for automotive colours, neither
for MGs nor for any other make.
RAL numbers are based on a German standard for _standard_  colours,
that is, if you intend to (re)paint your office furniture (made in Germany..) or
any machine tool or you would like to know the exact colours for traffic
signs,
then you can use RAL numbers to describe the  colour exactly.

Car manufacturers, however, tend to develop colours themselves (at least in
our days) and they are NOT standard, so I think it is unlikely that you will
find
a RAL number for car colours.

Hi Berties,
One of the MG Car Club members knows a lot about colors. His name is Erik
Pardon. If you need his phone number, give me a call.

Best regards,

Hans Duinhoven

hasnd@has.nl
0252 - 414183