Re: MG '96 at Indy, what is it?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG '96 at Indy, what is it?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 14:33:06 -0700
At 11:58 AM 1/4/96 -0700, Scotty wrote:

>Happens, June 26-30, 1996. The first 1000 MGs registered, will be permitted
>to drive on the famous Indy track! Do it Bob, enter soon, take the `71B, give
>the old car the thrill of its life![Have a little adrenaline rush too]
>See you there, and can we all, on the list, get together at INDY?

I have never been to a car show. If I register and get permission to be
amongst the elite 1000, would I be allowed to drive my very used 1971 MGBGT
on the track? Are rusty MGBs permitted at these car shows or would we be
considered a disgrace to the group?

If I was allowed to go, would I get in trouble if my car dripped oil and
shed rust chunks on the track?

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html