RE: Air filters for SUs on rubber bumper MGB

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air filters for SUs on rubber bumper MGB
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 1996 17:44:00 -0800 (PST)
K&N makes flat conical filter assemblies and media for the SU setup that
will clear the 80 booster. The media is cotton gause bound to a wire mesh
which is oiled to trap dirt. They are very good at letting the air through
without restriction and the filters can be cleaned and reused. Some people
have concernes that it doesn't get all of the dirt. It probably doesn't but
it gives you a little more HP. Unlike paper, they work when exposed to rain.
You should reset the mixture on your carb if you switch. I use one on my
weber DGV and I am very pleased. Moss, Victoria, Seven Enterprises, and
Pierce Manifolds carry them

Chris Reichle