Re: Wire wheels

To: tom.spence@bangate1.TEK.COM, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheels
From: bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 21:02:42 -0500

On Thu, 4 Jan 96, tom.spence@bangate1.TEK.COM wrote:
>I am considering a TD with original disc wheels.  Can anyone let me
>know what it takes to convert to wire?

Tom I probably should"t say this, but I've seen thousands of TD's and never saw
a conversion that looked right. The TD looks best with disc wheels. I know this
is one man's opinion, but the cost of changing to splines, the conversion of
the
spare wheel carrier, the trouble wires give all don't add up to justify the
imagined improvement in looks. TD's didn't come with wires from the factory and
for some reason MG made few styling mistakes in their entire history. You are
looking at a grand at a minimum, and the rear wheel carrier will not ever be
right, as you will have to bolt a spline onto the TD disc carrier. I hope I
haven't offended others who have done the conversion, which is common, but you
should rethink it.

Mike Leckstein