Re: Oil/Grease in MGB steering rack.

To: pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: Oil/Grease in MGB steering rack.
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 14:32:10 +0500
pbailey@qnet.com wrote:
>By taking the top off the damper do you mean the cover on top of the rack? I
>started loosening it once and it looked like there was some springs under
there
>and I didn't want stuff flying all over the place!! Is it ok to take this
cover
>off ?   Thanks   Pat 79"B"

That's the one.  Underneath the cover you'll find three pieces to the damper
assembly, one of which is a short spring.  The spring isn't loaded enough to
make things fly apart, so don't fear disassembly.  Also, there will be one
or more very thin shims between the cover and the rack--don't lose any of them.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html