RE: Midget brake callipers.

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midget brake callipers.
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 1996 10:53:00 -0800 (PST)
If you put the pistons on a flat surface with the open end down you will
notice that they do not lay flat. It's not really a notch, more like a
bevel.
Chris
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: mgs
Subject: Midget brake callipers.
Date: Monday,January 08,1996 12:53PM

Following the recent discussion on this little notch in the brake calliper
pistons being aligned correctly .... I checked my restoration manual this
weekend, it tells me that the notch should be facing the wheel axle, ie
turned
into the calliper as it goes onto the disk.

I took my callipers off this weekend to clean up the pistons.  After getting
the pistons out I realised that there were no notches to be found !  Have I
missed them ? Where should they be exactly.  If they're not there, I can't
really line them up ?

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.