Re: Midget brake callipers.

To: A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Midget brake callipers.
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 10:37:01 -0500 (EST)
In message <20660.199601081253@wotan.umds.ac.uk> "A.D.Smith" writes:
> Following the recent discussion on this little notch in the brake calliper
 I took my callipers off this weekend to clean up the pistons.  After getting
> the pistons out I realised that there were no notches to be found !  Have I
> missed them ? Where should they be exactly.  If they're not there, I can't
> really line them up ?
>
> Andy

Andy,
The notches are on the rims of the pistons facing into the pads.  One half of
the rim surface is slightly lower.  The "notches" are so subtle that I rebuilt
my cylinders without even noticing them.  Only after I re-read the manual and
went looking, did I see them.

Tom
74 Midget

Thomas Wannenburg MD.
Cardiology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine
Wake Forest Univ
twannen@isnet.is.wfu.edu