Re: Side screens for MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side screens for MGA
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 11:00:17 +1100
>First things first, hello all.  Just found the mailing list.
>
>Second, I am currently rebuilding a '56 MGA 1500 and need a couple of
things.  I have ordered a canvas top with triple windows in tan.  The
company has indicated that they will recover the existing side screens in a
matching fabric and install new sliding plastic windows for about $500.
Never one to throw away good money, I was wondering if anyone had a more
reasonable source for the sidescreens.  Mine are in pretty good shape, but
black.

>And, before you ask, yes I know the sliding screens are from a 1600, as are
the triple windows, but this car is being rebuilt as a birthday present for
my wife and I want her to be able to see more than I want the car to be
original.

Wesley,

Contact the following US supplier who can supply new sliding side screens
for about $US350 a pair:

Scarorough Faire
1151 Main St
Pawtucket RI 02860