Re: Zenith-Stromberg Carb (SINGLE)

Subject: Re: Zenith-Stromberg Carb (SINGLE)
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 14:55:04 -500
007 writes:

> Boy, now I'm getting confused - some people saying the Gross Jet is good,
> others say its no good.  Is there an FAQ on it?

No FAQ- just an on-going dispute. Some like them, some don't. Me? I've found:

-they hold less pressure, and are therefore more likely to flood in a marginal
situation

-The originals work fine, unless they are old & worn. (Groove in needle tip)

-The length of the Grossjets don't fit some carbs right, making it harder to
set the float height.

But, who am I to talk about carb adjustments?

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!