Re: TD replica kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD replica kit
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 14:25:14 -500
bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com writes:

> >Bonnet and Boot handles say MG

> I wonder if we should report the bonnet and boot handles to Rover and
>Heritage
> for logo infringement. They seem to object to suppliers and restoration shops
> involved with real MGs using the logo,, but not the use of the logo on VWs.

OH, I'm sure they do- this was probably made in the 80's. But, that's why
FiberFab called their replica the MiGi.

There was a nice chassis based kit made in Victor, NY for a while- it was
called the TF 1800. You bought the chassis/body, and used an MGB doner for
the suspension, brakes, engine, driveline, etc. I think the fit was close
enough that some of the trim and other bits were standard MG parts. Now,
THAT'S a replica worth having.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!