Exhaust now fitted

Subject: Exhaust now fitted
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 10:40:06 -0500 (EST)
Thank you all for your input.  Most people recommended an adapter pipe of
some kind.

Unfortunately, my Meineke is not that swift and REALLY LIKES to weld.  I
took the cheap way out and had them weld it, after their assurances that
they could cut and splice to a larger exhaust at a later date.  I hope so.

So how does it work?  Jes' fine, thanks.

I lost most of my remaining torque between 1500 and 2000 RPM.  But after
that it builds and builds and builds... very nice up to 4000 (where I
stopped testing between the shop and work <grin>).  I'll find out the
high RPM abilities after work.

The car does seem quicker even though I am carrying around the manifold,
old downpipe, my tools, the spare, and two of my racing wheels (mit tires,
natch).  I think it will be interesting in racing configuration.

And boy is it quiet!

Just kidding.  I think I'm deaf in my left ear from driving it 5 miles
across town with the leak.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Racecar spelled backwards is ... racecar - Anon"