Trans on a 77 MGB

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trans on a 77 MGB
From: JCrabb1045@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 21:41:24 -0500

Over the past few weeks I have noticed more vibration than normal from my B.
I thought the wire wheels might have been a little out of round, due to it
has sat for a week or two. I jacked it up and took the wheels off and the
vibration seems to be coming from the trans. The bolts that hold the U joints
seem to be worn on the ends. I flushed it and found some large metal items in
the oil. I have never had any problems with my trans since I bought the car
in 1986. I am looking for some sort of price range, as to what it would cost
to A replace the whole thing, B rebuild the whole trans?

Thanks for the help.

James Crabb