spridget 1/4 mile times

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: spridget 1/4 mile times
From: Mike Gigante <mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 14:47:44 -1000
Had our first comp event for the year yesterday -- it was a combination
motorkhana (sort of like a autocross but much tighter and probably trickier
I suspect) and drags (1/2 the field did drags first then swapped over and the
the 'khana).

I have never done the drags thing before (OK, just once or twice at the
stop lights when I was young and slightly more foolish), so I am curious
as to what times are OK for spridgets.

My racecar did 15.704 secs at 86.323 mph and I was on Hoosier Street TD
tires.

The fastest racecar (in a different class 'cause he was on slicks) did
14.70 at 96.2 mph (he has about 25% more power than my car (measured on the
same rolling road dyno)).

Since his car is a front running racecar, this *should* give us some idea
of the relative performance of our cars wrt to SCCA spridgets.

I won my class (1275, DOT legal tires) in the drags, was leading the
motorkhana outright until a major brain fade in the final (4th) course
of the day.... :-(

Mike
Mike Gigante
3D interactive graphics, Virtual Reality, british sports cars, and wine
http://mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/                mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au