Re: Tail Light Lenses

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tail Light Lenses
From: mgb72@airmail.net
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:41:22 -0600 (CST)
>First question for the group:
>
>'74 GT. Noticed that a tail light lens appeared to be cracked.  Thought it
>must have been parking lot damage.  Acquired a new lens (thanks Kevin) and
>went to put it on.  Noticed that the lens wasn't cracked.  It had melted
>from the heat of the tail/brake lamp.  It seems to be the proper lamp except
>that it is a replacement rather than original.  Checked the other side and
>found the same thing.  I obviously don't want to put a new lens on till I
>know what is going on.  Is it neccessary to use original lamps?  Are
>replacement lamps higher wattage and thus the damage?  Is it aliens?
>
>Ted
>

> Edward B. (Ted) Weiler, TWeiler@Eskimo.com
> Engineering Manager, Olympic Medical, OlyMed@aol.com
> Director, Volunteers NorthWest , VNW@AOL.COM
>                 http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/vnw.html
> Membership, MG Car Club NorthWest Centre, MGCCNWC@AOL.COM
>                 http://www.eskimo.com/~tweiler/mgccnwc.html

Most definitely ALIENS...
If we all had to order original bulbs,  I am sure someone would monopolize
the market and put us all in the poor house.  Anyway, back to the question,
I know that their are some higher wattage bulbs out their, but they are more
expensive (and are actually intended for brightening the reverse lights.  If
you get more bulbs locally just get satandard ones and you should be fine.
hope this helps,
Chad "warming up in Dallas" Cooper

'72'B  MGBad
75+ miles a day, daily driver