Midget won't start...FOLLOW-UP

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget won't start...FOLLOW-UP
From: Railroad2@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:02:17 -0500
Thanks to all the Sol'ers!

     I'd like to thank all of the people who responded to my call for
suggestions.  I was pretty much at the end of my rope.  The mailing list
worked just as well as I could have hoped.
     And the winner is....

     Well, actually, I looked at the spark on another spark plug with the
plug out of the head and it still looked wimpy, but it was there.  I
substituted a new coil I had and the spark still looked the same.  I
scratched various parts of my body and said (in the immortal words of Mr.
Gibbons) wotthehell.   I pulled out each spark plug in turn and sprayed some
starting fluid into each cylinder and tried it.

     Started right up.

     I don't know if it got damp in there from condensation or what.  I put
the original coil back in and went for a twenty minute drive with no
problems.  I'm glad it worked out this way because my Dremel tool was sitting
right there on my tool bench and I was sorely tempted to increase the value
of my car right there in a desperate attempt to get it started.

     Well, thanks again.  It's reassuring to know I'm not alone when I'm out
there fighting the Battle of Britain in my darkest hour...

Glen Wilson